30 dead for fire in London

At least 30 people were killed in the blaze unleashed Wednesday in a residential tower  in west London, commander Stuart Cundy of the London Metropolitan Police (Met) confirmed today.

In a hearing before the media, the high command said that “at this time, there is nothing to suggest that the fire was deliberately provoked” and indicated that “sadly” do not expect “to find more survivors.”

At the Grenfell Tower, a 24-storey block of 120 homes,  located west of the capital, 76 people are now “missing”, according to media estimates.

Twenty-four people are still hospitalized, 12 of them in critical condition at four medical centers in the capital, according to Cundy.

This police official said that the investigation of Scotland Yard will try to clarify what happened, although he pointed out that there is nothing that indicates that the fire was provoked.

“Sadly, as we said, we always knew that the number of deceased would increase and now we can say that, at the moment, we know that at least 30 people have died, ” corroborated the commander, who said that among those dead ” Who had been transferred to a hospital and died despite the care offered by NHS (National Public Health Service) toilets. ”

Fire in a 24-storey building in London

Twelve of those fatalities have already been transferred to the morgue, while other bodies “sadly” remain inside the building, Cundy said.

The commander also said that now “there are no more pockets of fire” inside the tower.

In his speech, Cundy anticipated that due to the conditions in which the property is burned, emergency services will take “considerable time” to complete their research.

Isabel II visits the London district by surprise

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Cambridge today moved to a center set up to help those affected by the fire on Wednesday.

In an unannounced visit, partially televised by the BBC, the monarch and his grandson, Prince William – second in the line of succession to the throne -, they had volunteers, affected in the incident and representatives of the community of the district of North Kensington, In the west of the capital, where the fire took place.

Isabel II on Thursday expressed her condolences to those affected in the tragedy and praised the “bravery” of the firefighters who rushed to rescue the victims and the “incredible generosity” of the volunteers, in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace, His official residence.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *